One of my very close friends, who recently moved to Florida with her husband, had her baby. My mom has gone down twice now, and she is there now. Running the house alone, not a job I was really prepared for, expectations over my head, never doing anything right, working my socks off, and I'm constantly behind. On top of that I'm still working! How much can you do?
But the amazing thing of it is. I find great satisfaction in the fact that even now, thrown into this head on, I can still swim. I'm not sinking, I'm staying on top. And I can do this! It's an amazing and exhilarating experience, realizing that the fourteen years that I have been working weren't for nothing, I have been trying to be all that I can be, and I have succeeded! I can run a home, and it is one of the hardest, most rewarding, and most exciting things I have ever done!
No comments:
Post a Comment